Hopefully a more up-to-date account of Angie's busy life

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Little Diva

Angie is very fond of the Backyardigans. For those not connected to a three year old, the Backyardigans are a group of friends who enjoy many adventures in their connected backyards. The show combines Angie's two favorite things: Music and imagination. Each episode uses a different style of music. We've heard rock, bossa nova, reggae, swing, broadway etc. Chas and both really like the show too.

We bought the Backyardigans cd for her because she likes the music so much (and we can only listen to just so much Laurie Berkner or Greg and Steve over and over again). Proving that she is my daughter, Angie really loves the disco songs. She always finds me and says, "Mommy it's the questing, questing song. Must dance! Come on!"

Today I put the cd in for her and she found me and pulled me into her room to dance. She stopped, said, "I need to get something." and ran off, leaving me to do the hustle alone. She returned wearing the white boa her Grandma Mary gave her at Passover this year, and the heart-shaped sunglasses Grandma Pat gave her for Easter last year. She then proceeded to bop and twirl like a pro.

She looked every inch the Disco Diva and oh so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home