Hopefully a more up-to-date account of Angie's busy life

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Soap

We have Angie well trained to wash hands before eating. It's a ritual: Wash hands, sometimes sing while washing, dry hands on towel, put stepstool away and then go eat!

I originally went with foamy soap because it was familiar thanks to Gymboree and because it is already sudsy so she can clean more quickly. Unfortunately, the only foaming soap we could find was an Anti-bacterial Dial Soap that foams. As we understand it, there is some concern that certain anti-bacterial soaps do more harm than good. We ran out of the foamy Dial and I moved a spare soap dispenser into the bathroom and filled it with anti-bacterial hand soap. It has a frog on the dispenser and Angie thinks it is cool. With the recent round of sickness running through our house, I thought it was time to change the soap we use for washing hands.

Last week after Gymboree, we ran some errands at the neighboring K-Mart. We could not find any regular foamy soap until we looked in the baby section and found Kandoo. Kandoo also had a frog on it so I thought it would appeal to Angie. We decided to go with the fresh scent because, well, how bad could "fresh" be? Bad. It reminds me of sour apple candy. It reminds Chas of candy that is supposed to be fruit flavored but tastes nothing like any fruit found in nature.

When I took Angie to wash her hands the next night, she chose the frog with the anti-bacterial soap.

Today after she received her flu shot, we went to Target to pick up a few things. I thought I would look for another regular, non-anti-bacterial foamy soap. Target had a plethora of choices. (Who knew?) I picked a Soft Soap dispenser that was purple and had a penguin on it. I thought Angie would like it. We put it in the bathroom. Now the tiny bathroom sink has a penguin dispenser, the Kandoo dispenser and the frog one with the anti-bacterial soap. Angie looked at all the choices, hestitated at the penguin, then chose the frog with the anti-bacterial soap.

Chas laughed at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home