Hopefully a more up-to-date account of Angie's busy life

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Careers

Angie was a little fixated on the doctor today. She really likes going to the various doctors' offices and being examined. Often, pediatric doctors will let her hold a medical instrument--one that isn't susceptible to breaking. She charms them. For days, weeks and even months after a doctor's visit, Angie will say things like, "Angie had fun at the doctor's office."

So I wasn't really surprised before dinner, when Angie thanked me for being with her at the doctor's office and for taking her to the doctor's office. She even thanked me for being a doctor. Then she decided that she should verify this statement and asked, "Mommy are you a doctor?"

I said, "No Honey, I'm a Magistrate."

"A Magistrate." Angie then wandered out to her Father and asked. "Daddy are you a Magistrate?"

I heard my beloved husband, father to the sparkling inquisitive girl looking admiringly at him, say, "No sweetie. Daddy's a Bum!"

Angie wandered back to me and asked, "Mommy, are you a Bum?"

"Well dear, sometimes. But mostly I'm just a Magistrate."

The little darling wandered back out to her Father and asked, "Daddy, are you a Bum?"

Dear husband proudly replied, "Yes I am!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home