Hopefully a more up-to-date account of Angie's busy life

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Chair Progress

I am attempting to sew a chair for Angela. As is normal for me, this has been a long term project. I bought the pattern approximately one year ago. I purchased the material three months ago. I cut out the pattern two months ago and cut out the fabric last month.

I must make the cushions inserts in addition to the chair itself. At the beginning of September, I assembled the arm cushions. Last night I worked on the base cushion. I hope to finish it before Angie is four.

Angie is fascinated by the sewing process. She wanted to help me cut the fabric, but she was satisfied by playing with the scraps instead. On the two nights during which I have used the sewing machine, she was enthralled by the machine. She inherits that from both sides of the family.

She tries to push the reverse button as I sew. Thank goodness she can't fully depress the button or else all the seams would be heavily reinforced in random spots. She also tries to turn the wheel that I use to make bobbins. She did help me stuff the arm cushions--of course, a lot of stuffing was used to hide one of her "Koala Brothers," but most of it did eventually go into the cushions.

Last night she started making sewing machine noises. As I sewed, she looks at me with a big smile on her face and said, "ZZZZZSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. ZZZSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH." She also tried to climb on my back as I sewed, but I eventually convinced her to climb down and read to me.

She has had no interest in cross stitch, or in playing with her sewing cards, but she loves to watch me sew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home