Hopefully a more up-to-date account of Angie's busy life

Monday, September 12, 2005

Literacy

Tonight at Gymboree Music, Angie arranged two bells just so. Then she turned to me and said, "Look Mommy. A 'T!'"

I looked and it was most definitely a t. And it hit me that she has been doing that quite often lately: arranging objects to form letters.

While with Grandma in Zanesville, Angie turned to my Mom and said, "Grandma, I'm going to draw a triangle. I'm going to draw an oval." Mom showed me the drawings later. Angie had, without assistance, drawn a rough triangle and a slightly bumpy oval. Actually, her oval was almost as good as the ovals I still draw (I must have peaked artistically at three). I'm very amused that she chose to do an oval rather than a circle.

She has also taken to reading books to us. I'm not certain if she recognizes words yet, but she is definitely able to recite stories as she turns the pages. She will even point correctly at a low foot or high foot in one of her Dr. Seuss books.

I'm really proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home