Hopefully a more up-to-date account of Angie's busy life

Thursday, September 16, 2004

"Cuppie"

For a few days, I have heard Angie say "cuppie" over and over again. I couldn't figure out what she was talking about. Usually I can get some sense of what she means, but I was at a complete loss as to what "cuppie" meant and I kept trying to give her a water bottle every time I heard it.

As I mentioned, my Mom was up for a few days to watch Angie. Last night we were having dinner when I heard Angie say, "Mommy, Daddy, Cuppie!" and continue eating very cheerfully. The lightbulb went off in my head. I told my Mom that I thought she was "Cuppie."
Angie repeated, "Mommy, Daddy, Cuppie!"

We asked Angie, "Who is Cuppie?"

No answer--she was very busy attacking her sandwich.

Finally I pointed at my Mom and asked Angie "Who is that?"

She said, "Cuppie!" with great enthusiasm.

Excellent. Mystery solved. Grandma is thrilled because Angie has given her a pet name. Life is great.

The only problem is that we don't know why Grandma is Cuppie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home