Hopefully a more up-to-date account of Angie's busy life

Friday, March 20, 2009

Language art

Just a few quick things because I'm tired and I don't want to forget them ever:

* When Angie says, "I'm going to tell Mia what she wants for her birthday tomorrow," what she really means is that she is going to ask the other child. She keeps using tell instead of ask. I'm not sure what secret hint that is to her personality, but I think there is a clue in there somewhere.

* Angie is running around exclaiming "Crikey" with some frequency. This has been going on for a few months now (easily since the beginning of February; perhaps as early as January). I am fairly certain that she hasn't been to Australia recently, but I have no idea from what source this phrase has sprung or what attracts her to it.

* Kian says something that sounds like "Nay" when he really means yes. I think it derives from "Hooray."

* When he means no he says "no," except when no means "I don't really understand what you are asking but I feel I must respond anyway."

* Kian occasionally babbles, puts his finger to the side of his mouth and says, "Hmmmmmm." Then he holds out his hand in a near universal gesture of noncomprehension and says, "Aaaaaaaah?" I interpret this as "I've pondered the situation, and have failed to resolve the problem/find an answer to the conundrum presented/understand the general situation. What's your take on the whole thing?" It will bei nteresting when he starts using complete sentences.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home