Hopefully a more up-to-date account of Angie's busy life

Monday, January 24, 2005

Reading to Mommy

When I come home from work, I am always greeted by a very enthusiastic 2 year old, who dances and shouts "It's the Mommy!" Angie and I then go to the bedroom, tickle, sing and generally enjoy some time together.

Today, Angie was carrying a book about a little car with her. When we climbed into bed, she opened the book and began to read to me. It went something like this:

"One upon a time there waw a liddle cawr. (turn page) One day there was a biiiig birdie. Tweet, tweet, tweet. (turn page) An a budderfwy [trans. butterfly]. Fwap, fwap, fwap. [trans flap, flap, flap accompanied by flapping motions](turn page) An a fwoggie! Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit. (turn page) An a bee. Buzzz buzzz bzzzzzzzzz. (turn page and repeat various combinations of the preceding. turn final page). An a swee col pa du google issa noshaw goo (trans: This mommy hasn't got a clue what that meant) THE END!"

Then she read it to me again. The story wasn't quite the same upon the second reading.

It was the best story anyone ever read to me.


1 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Holley. I enjoy your Angie diary very much - when we meet I will feel like I know her. She's a doll - thanks for sharing! Aunt Paula.
    P.S. I think she inherited a greal deal of "Grandma Patty" personality!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home